Do you intend to make long calls without interruption with friends, loved ones and business associates at cheap rates or at the lowest cost on Airtel? On this piece today, we are going to be listing the tariff plan with the cheapest call rates on Airtel and how you can migrate into it.
What is the essence of making calls at expensive call rates with zero benefit to go with it?
Being financially buoyant doesn’t mean one should waste airtime or be on tariff plans that are incredibly expensive.
It really doesn’t matter if it’s Local or International calls you’re making, one should have value for their money and be charged the right kind per second.
Airtel Nigeria is one service provider that offers incredible cheap calls rates despite their inconsistency in keeping one particular brand name. Just like they’ve got amazing and cheap data plans, so they’ve got amazingly awesome tariff plans with cheap call rates.
Airtel Cheap Tariff Plans and Migration Codes
Below is a list of the cheap tariff Plans on the Airtel network. But first, we are going to talk on the top 3 cheapest there is on the Airtel Network.
|Tariff Plans||Call Rates||Bonus Allowances||Migration Code|
|SmartTRYBE 2.0||11k/s||5MB or 15MB on First Recharge of the week||*312#|
On this article I will focus on 5 tariffs starting with their default plan (smartconnect). Below are list of airtel Nigeria tariff plans for calls but some came with data browsing bonus.
- SmartTalk 2.0.
So, see what we going to do today.
I will talk on each airtel tariff plans on the above list, its benefits, migration codes (SmartCONNECT) and analyze its call rate/talktime against 100 Naira airtime.
You can easily calculate the talktime for 200 Naira or 1000 Naira by multiplying by 2 or 10 respectively.
The first thing you need to know is that you can’t migrate to this tariff plan.
It is the default call plan for all newly registered airtel sim cards. So all you have to do is get yourself a new sim and register it.
The second thing you need to know is that once you migrate out of this tariff to another, you can’t migrate back to it.
You can get yourself 2 sim one standby on smartconnect and the other for surfing through other airtel tariff plans.
Benefits Of SmartCONNECT
Smart Connect call plan from airtel network comes with some benefits. They include.
- 800% value of 100 Naira and above airtime recharge for the first 3 months after activation.
- Main account: 100%.
- Voice bonus account: 250%.
- Data bonus account: 250%.
- Social bonus account: 100%.
- Family and friends bonus account: 100%.
- Add, remove and check list of family and friends number with *311*2*number#, *311*3*number# and *311*4# respectively.
- Social bonus is valid for 7 days and usable only on Facebook, twitter, bbm and whatsapp.
- Data bonus account will be charged when you surf the internet with your browser.
- You get 100% of your total recharge (N200 & above) in a month as data bonus on the last day of the month.
- That’s total recharge of N600 in a month gives 600 Naira data bonus charged at 5 Naira per MB.
Call rates on SmartCONNECT
Calls to both local and international numbers will be charged on your main account and voice bonus account.
Any calls made to friends and family number which must be an airtel number will be charged on the family and friends bonus account.
- Family & Friends Call Rate: 40 Kobo/Second or 24 Naira/Minute.
- Main Bonus Account Call Rate: 50 Kobo/Second or 30 Naira/Minute for both local and international calls.
- Voice Bonus Account Call Rate: 60 Kobo/Second or 36 Naira/Minute for local calls and 50 Kobo/Sec for international calls.
Airtel SmartTALK 2.0
This is another great airtel call plan worth opt-in for. I can categorically tell you that this is the cheapest plan on the Airtel network.
What i love about this tariff plan is that everything is straight forward.
Benefits of Airtel SmartTALK 2.0
- Daily access fee of N7 Naira upon your first call in a day. No call, No access fee will be deducted.
- Local call rate is 11 K/s while international call rate is 20 K/s.
Call rates on Airtel SmartTALK
Local Call Rate = 11 Kobo per seconds or 6.6 Naira per minute. Meaning you can call any Nigerian network at this rate.
International Call Rate = 20 Kobo/Sec or 12 Naira/min. Available for Canada, China, India, UK and USA.
Let’s quickly do talktime calculation against 100 Naira airtime recharge.
Remember there is an access fee of 7 Naira, so we are left with 93 Naira.
Local call on SmartTALK 2.0
Talktime for 100 Naira recharge @ 6.6 Naira/min = 93/6.6 = 14.09 minutes or 14 minutes 9 seconds.
International call on SmartTALK 2.0
Talktime of N100 recharge @ 12 N/min = 93/12 = 7.75 minutes or 7 minutes 45 seconds.
SmartTALK 2.0 Migration Code
New and old airtel users can migrate to this plan by dialing *315#.
SmartTalk 2.0 might be a good airtel tariff plans but SmartTrybe call plan is better.
This plan is similar the great mtn pulse tariff when it comes to browsing the internet.
Benefits of Airtel SmartTRYBE
- Call rate of 11 Kobo/Sec for all local and international calls after the first 50 seconds at 25kobo/Sec.
- 500MB for 25 Naira night browsing (12am – 5am).
- Get 1GB data for just N500 Naira.
When near or on campus, you get;
- Free access to whatsapp, facebook, twitter and bbm.
- 60mb data bonus on 200 naira airtime recharge valid for a month.
- Free 5 sms when you pay for 2.
- 30% bonus on data plans worth 500 Naira and above.
Call rates on Airtel SmartTRYBE
Call rate is 11 Kobo/Second after the first 50 seconds call of the day at 25kobo/sec.
Let’s quickly calculate the talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
With a call rate of 11 K/s or 6.6 Naira per minute after the first 50 secs at 25kobo/sec.
Talktime for 100 Naira recharge = First 50 Seconds at 25kobo/sec = N12.50kobo, we will be left with N87.50. 87.50/6.6 = 13.25 minutes or 13 minutes 25 seconds.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartTRYBE
The migration code for Airtel SmartTrybe is *312#.
This airtel call plan is similar to both smart-talk and smart-trybe tariff in terms of call rate.
But there is a little discrepancy.
Benefits of Airtel SmartPREMIER
- Recharge of N5000 and above within a month attracts up to 500 minutes of free incoming calls while roaming.
- 150MB data bonus on every recharge.
Call rates on Airtel SmartPREMIER
Call rate is 11 Kobo/Second or 6.6 Naira per minute after the first minute of call @ 40 Kobo/Second or 24 Naira per minute.
So let’s calculate for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
For the first minute: Call rate is 24 Naira.
Talktime for the remaining 76 Naira @ 6.6 Naira per minute = 76/6.6 = 11.52 minutes.
Total talktime = first 1 minute + 11.52 minutes = 12.52 minutes or 12 minutes 31 seconds.
There is no daily access fee like smart-talk but there is a hidden charges on the first minute of call in a day.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartPREMIER
The migration code for airtel smart premier is *318#.
This is another awesome tariff plan from airtel network with no daily access fee or hidden charges.
Call rates on Airtel SmartVALUE
Call rate to all Nigerian networks is 15 Kobo/Second or 9 Naira per minute.
International call rate is 20 Kobo/Second or 12 Naira per minute.
Let’s calculate talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
Talktime for local calls @ 9 Naira per minute = 100/9 = 11.11 minutes or 11 minutes 7 seconds.
Talktime for International calls @ 12 Naira/min = 100/12 = 8.333 minutes or 8 minutes 20 seconds.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartVALUE
To migrate to smart-value call plan, dial *314#.
SUMMARY OF AIRTEL CHEAPEST TARIFF PLAN
The table below shows the list of selected cheapest tariff plans on the Airtel network and their various charges/rate as well as migration codes:
|Tariff Plan||Call Rates to All Net||Rates Per Minute||USSD Codes|
NOTE: FIRST TIME MIGRATION TO ANY OF THESE PLANS IS FREE, BUT SUBSEQUENT MIGRATION WITHIN THE SAME MONTH (SAME 30 DAYS) WILL ATTRACT A MIGRATION FEE OF N100.
Here you have it, all the cheapest Airtel tariff plan, their benefits as well as migration codes for each of them. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below. You can also share with peeps and loved ones on all social media platforms.