Plot twist: Ever been in a tight pinch when you have no data in your Airtel line but a friend is willing to share Airtel data with you.
Problem is none of you knows how to go about it.
Apart from giving, sharing is another act of kindness. People are happy and grateful whenever they receive a gift from their loved ones, the giftee is also happy seeing that the gift receiver is happy, not only is sharing an act of kindness, it is also an act of love.
There are so many things we can share or give to our friends and loved ones; we can buy nice shoes, cloths, we can share our meals, and even data.
Yes you read right, we can share our data with our friends and loved ones, this is really terrific as we are now having more things to share with those we love and continue watering the love that exists between family and friends.
Telecommunication network providers in Nigeria (Glo, MTN, 9mobile, and Airtel) are really doing their best in other to promote love between family and friends.
They have done this by introducing the sharing service that allows their various customers share their airtime, data with family and friends.
Most times you might also want to trade some of your data for cash, this sharing service also allows you to transfer some data to others as long as they are using the same network as you are. Also, you can make money from selling recharge card and data bundles online.
Share Data on Airtel Nigeria with Airtel smartSHARE
One of Nigeria’s giant network providers Airtel also allows their customers share data to whoever they want to share to as long as the data receiver uses the same Airtel network as them.
Airtel has introduced the smartSHARE service that allows you share data in megabyte or gigabyte very fast just by using one USSD code, the Airtel customer who intend on sharing his or her data with you must have an active data plan.
The Airtel smartSHARE has two features which are Me2U and Gifting;
Share Data Pack on Airtel with Me2U
The Me2U feature allows you send a bundle or data pack from you current active data to another Airtel subscriber
Note; you cannot transfer less than 3MB and more than 90% of your data pack and also this service does not support sharing on blackberry data bundle.
However, the Me2U depends on the residual validity of the owner customer and has a maximum validity period of 30 days.
Gifting Data Plan on Airtel
Unlike Airtel Me2u, the Gifting allows you buy a data plan or bundle for another Airtel line using the share data function. The gifting features allows you buy data bundles for as many people as possible.
Take a break for a second and peep these data plans from networks in Nigeria
- Glo Yakata – Data plans, bonuses… You name it
- Latest Glo data plans – Monthly, Weekly, Daily…
- Latest Airtel data plans – Monthly, Weekly, Daily…
- Airtel smartRECHARGE – 10 Times Bonus
- Latest 9mobile data plans – Montlhy, Weekly, Daily…
- 9mobile moreFlex Evolution – Get 1GB + 1,500 airtime
- Latest MTN data plans – Monthly, Weekly, Daily…
- MTN xtraVALUE prepaid plan – Everything Xtra including data
The Gifting feature can be auto renewed and the validity of the gifting depends on the validity period of the gifted bundle.
If you wish to stop auto-renewal you can send STOP to 141, you can start sharing data either with Me2U or Gifting by dialing *141# and follow the instructions or select from options that would be displayed to you.
Sharing data requires a PIN and the Airtel data sharing PIN is 1234.
However, you may be required to change the default PIN to any desired PIN of your choice before you can start sharing the data, to change the default PIN, simply dial *141# and select option 1 from the options that would be displayed to you the you can change the PIN.
Checking your Airtel data plan balance is not rocket science either, you can easily do that using our 6 ways to check Airtel data balance quick steps tutorial which should be more than enough to put you ahead of the pack
How to share or gift data on Airtel
- The first step to take is, get airtel SIM card, register and activate it.
- Secondly, subscribe to a data plan
- To start sharing, you must have a data transfer PIN; the data transfer default PIN is 1234. However, you can change your data transfer PIN by dialing *141# then select option 1 to change the default PIN to any memorable PIN of your choice
- To share data via Gifting, simply dial *141# and select option 2, then choose the monthly bundles you will like to share. You can either choose weekly/daily bundles or mega packs
- To share data via Me2U, DIAL *141# and select option 3 and then 2 to send Me2U from an existing allowance, you will be asked to enter the number and data volume you would like to share to and like to share.
- You cannot transfer less than 3MB and more than 90% of your data bundle
- Sharing of data cannot be done with blackberry subscription.
Another amazing thing about sharing of data on Airtel is that it is free of sharing charges and the Gifting feature of the Airtel smartSHARE allows you buy bundle, data plan or pack for as many people as you want.