A lot of Airtel subscribers do not know how to check their data balance on the network or have simply forgotten which is quite normal especially when you have multiple sim cards.
There are different ways of checking data balance on Airtel Nigeria, so you need not worry because you wil be given all the tips, tricks and USSD code to check your data balance.
You can check Airtel data balance on your android phones and other device either through SMS, online or via USSD.
This article will give authentic and up-to-date information on how to check your data balance on Airtel.
How to check data balance on Airtel
Checking data balance on Airtel is easy simply dial *140# on your Airtel number and wait for an SMS that will give you all the necessary information you need to know.
This information includes remaining MB or data and expiry date of your subscription.
Alternatively, you can dial *141#, then select 6 and send.
Once done, you will also receive full details of your data balance on Airtel including data bonus and any other information relating to your Airtel data balance.
The use of USSD code in checking data balance is common with most network provider in Nigeria like Glo, MTN and 9mobile.
The Airtel USSD code is more reliable, faster, convenient and effective of checking data balance than the online method of checking data balance.
Also, as you may already have guessed, Airtel USSD code works 24 hours a day and 7 days a week except there is network issue which can cause delays usually lasting a few minutes.
Unlike other network providers that uses one USSD code in checking regular data balance, Airtel uses several different USSD codes to for same purpose.
Which simply means that Airtel has a different USSD code for checking particular data plans.
Below are different short code for checking different data plans on Airtel.
Take a break for a second and peep these data plans from networks in Nigeria
- Glo Yakata – Data plans, bonuses… You name it
- Latest Glo data plans – Monthly, Weekly, Daily…
- Latest Airtel data plans – Monthly, Weekly, Daily…
- Airtel smartRECHARGE – 10 Times Bonus
- Latest 9mobile data plans – Montlhy, Weekly, Daily…
- 9mobile moreFlex Evolution – Get 1GB + 1,500 airtime
- Latest MTN data plans – Monthly, Weekly, Daily…
- MTN xtraVALUE prepaid plan – Everything Xtra including data
Checking data balance on different Airtel data plan
- To check Airtel data balance for 30mb one day subscription, simply dial *410#
- To check Airtel data balance for 500mb 14 days subscription, simply dial *418#
- Dial *496# to check Airtel data balance for 1.5GB 30 days subscription.
- Dial *438# to check Airtel data balance for 2 GB 30 days subscription.
- To check Airtel data balance for 3GB 30 days subscription, simply dial *437#.
- Dial *437# to check Airtel data balance for 4.5GB 30 days subscription.
The above information is for checking Airtel data balance for paid internet subscription and not for verification of bonus data on Airtel tariff plan.