If you are you an iPhone user seeking ways to save YouTube videos directly to your iPhone device, then look no further, just take a sit and pay attention to the content of this article as it aims to enlighten and inform its readers.
YouTube ranks high as one of the best video sites in the world and most watched YouTube videos have generated billions of views. YouTube has evolved to become a cultural phenomenon, has enabled revolutions in states, also millions of Internet users have become famous thanks to YouTube.
YouTube is a very useful archive and source to search for videos, especially from historical news footage to present events, music videos and concert footage from the last 70 years or so, including private videos and much more. They are all available and easy to get to from anywhere in the world, provided it’s not blocked for copyright or other legal issues.
Back in 2014 YouTube, created a new feature, YouTube offline viewing. This new feature was launched in selected countries where internet users often experienced poor network connectivity to enable these users
Saving videos and viewing them later when convenient is a good thing as it enables users
Sadly, downloading videos for offline consumption has been a major problem for iPhone owners/YouTube lovers but don’t worry friends, I have sat with experts to discuss and outline practical methods of solving this issue and eventually put them into
1. Using Apple’s new Shortcut app
It’s a user friendly-app which enables Iphone users who already have the iOS 12 downloaded onto their phones to download videos directly from YouTube, straight to their phone’s storage and these steps below will guide you on how to operate the app.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the App Store, search and Install the “Shortcut” app. It’s free of charge.
- Look out for “This link” on your i
Phone, click it to get the save to YouTube and Shortcuts.
- Scroll to select the YouTube video you wish to download then click share.
- Check for ‘Shortcuts’ click it and wait for the videos to start downloading.
- Select the ‘photo folder’ to save the video.
2. Documents 5
The document 5 was first launched in 2014 by Readdle. It functions as a PDF reader, file manager, and web browser, and still has additional features which iPhone users may find very helpful.
The following steps will guide you on how to download videos from YouTube directly to your
Follow these few steps below:
- Search the App store for Documents 5 by Readdle, download, install and run the app immediately after installation.
- From the documents 5 app, open the YouTube site and search for the video you wish to download and copy its Uniform Resource Locator (URL) .
- Open https://en.savefrom.net/ in a new tab, still on the same browser, then paste the video link you copied from YouTube to the ‘Enter the video link’ field.
- Wait for the website to generate download links. Choose your preferred resolution and click ‘Download’ to save the video to the Documents 5 app.
- Lastly, open the ‘Downloads folder’ find and highlight the video you saved to move the video to the camera roll path or folder.
3. FonePaw Screen Recorder 1.0.0
FonePaw Screen Recorder 1.0.0 developed by FonePaw Technology Limited. FonePaw screen recording software is another smart and convenient way to record and save videos, music from YouTube on PC or Mac which can be transferred to your ios device for offline
Plus, you can choose to save the recording videos and audios in MP3, MP4, MOV or other formats of your desire.
Follow these few steps below:
- Download, install and run the FonePaw software on your PC or Mac device.
- After step1, select Video Recorder
- Set volume from the YouTube player
- Select the area or portion of the YouTube screen you wish to capture or record.
- Click the REC button to start recording and play the video at once
- Once the video you are recording ends, click on stop and save it to PC.
- After recording, copy the file to your iPhone and transfer the video to your ios device via itunes.
- Open the ‘downloads folder’, find and highlight the video you saved to move the video to the camera roll path or folder.
4. Download videos via the YouTube App
This method is easy but requires patience and assistance from an android user. if you know anyone who can help by allowing you make use of his/her android phone/device.
- Download, Install and run the YouTube app to the android phone.
- Find the video you wish to download
- Play the video and click the share butto
- Click on ‘YouTube downloader’ from the share menu and select a format to save as mp4 or mp3 file and hit the ‘download button’ to start downloading
- Once download is over, go to the phone’s file manager, right click on the video you just downloaded and share via whatsapp from the android phone to the Ios device. As I said earlier, it requires patience and assistance from an android phone user.
5. Try the YouTube++
It’s good for downloading videos from YouTube directly to your camera roll, plus it comes with an ad blocker that blocks ads as they appear before a video is played.
Use the following steps below to get videos from YouTube using the YouTube++
Follow these few steps below:
- Install and run the YouTube++ app on your iOS device.
- Click download under the video you wish to download and select the video quality you like.
- If you wish to watch the video after downloading, simply navigate to the app’s side pane and click on the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- From the ‘downloads’ folder, move the video to your phone storage or camera roll of your device.
6. DoDa HD
Follow these few steps below:
- Open this link http://utp.pw/
- Tap ‘Download on the New App’ Button (for iOS)
- Allow the app to download and install
- After installation, open settings, click general, after that click on profiles and device manager, then navigate to enterprise app area, you will see ‘ddit co ltd’ then trust the developer, after doing all that, your app will be ready for use
- If you still wish to download videos, simply open DoDa HD ‘s built-in web browser then start playing the video you would like to download.
- Once the video starts playing, different options for resolutions will be shown to you. Pick one that suits you and the app will automatically add your video to the download list and start downloading it.
- When download is complete, check below the video to find the ‘share button’ then click to open the Share sheet, and save the video to Camera Roll.
7. Download YouTube videos via the SS trick
This download style is easy and it always works for ios and android users. This method will help you download the YouTube video you want directly to your iphone‘s camera roll without breaking a sweat.
Use these simple steps to save YouTube videos directly to your iPhone camera roll via the SS trick:
- Try playing the video you want to download on YouTube
- While the video is playing, go to the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) and add ss right before the ‘you’ in YouTube then tap enter. When you are done, this is what the new Url should look like https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=6cu6zH92MaM
- You will be re-directed to the https://en.savefrom.net website, and then wait for the website to generate download links with information regarding the video you wish to download, such as the title of the video and how long the video will last.
- Towards the right side of the download button in green color, there should be a drop-down menu, click on it to choose the particular format that suits you. Then click the format you chose and your video will start downloading right away.
- Once the download is complete, open the ‘downloads folder’, find and highlight the video you saved then move the video to the camera roll path or folder.
MyMedia is a third party download manager app that every iphone owner would love to have. it can download video quickly. Plus, it lets you close the app while downloading a file without interrupting the download. If the download stops, you can always resume from where it stopped.
Use these simple steps to save YouTube videos directly to your iPhone camera roll via MyMedia:
- Install and run the MyMedia app on your ios device.
- Leave the MyMedia app open from your home screen, and then go to keepvid.com from the address bar at the top.
- Copy and paste the YouTube url in the text field provided. click download and wait for the website to process your request.
- The download links will appear on the page, then tap and hold the video link you wish to save and click ‘download file’ from pop up menu.
- Put in the title of the video and click save.
I hope this article was helpful to you, if it was, please like us on facebook and share our page to all your friends on other social media platforms. Goodluck friends.